The new “NIQ” requirements will no longer have the current four-month qualification period and there will be no production requirement. Instead, candidates for the position of Independent National Sales Director must:
- Have a personal unit with at least 24 unit members.
- Have a total of 20 offspring Independent Sales Directors having one of the following configurations:
- (12/3/8) 12 first-line offspring Sales Directors, three of whom are Senior Sales Directors and a total of eight second-line offspring Sales Directors; or
- (11/3/9) 11 first-line offspring Sales Directors, three of whom are Senior Sales Directors and a total of nine second-line offspring Sales Directors; or
- (10/3/10) 10 first-line offspring Sales Directors, three of whom are Senior Sales Directors and a total of 10 second-line offspring Sales Directors.
- Each of the 20 qualifying units (12/8, 11/9 or 10/10) must have at least 24 unit members (or the minimum unit members based on their home country requirements, in the case of international offspring units)
- Of those 20 offspring units, there must be at least seven Premier Club or Cadillac qualifiers; at least five of those Career Car qualifiers must live in the U.S.;
- The NSD candidate’s personal unit must be a Cadillac Career Car qualifier.
The NSD candidate must be in good standing with the Company and, as such, the position of Independent National Sales Director remains an appointed position. In addition, candidates who debut after meeting the new requirements will sign a revised Independent National Sales Director Agreement that will include minimum Area requirements to maintain the position.
New NSDs who debut using the new requirements must maintain:
- Diamond Circle status or above each Seminar year, OR
- At least eight first-line Independent Sales Directors in her Area.
As these changes are made, keep in mind that:
- Those already holding the position of Independent National sales director will not have a new Agreement. Their current Agreement, without a maintenance requirement, will be “grandfathered” and remains in effect.
- Any candidate who debuts as an Independent National Sales Director prior to June 1, 2011 under the current program will sign the current Agreement, without a maintenance requirement.
- Candidates who debut between June 1, 2011 and May 1, 2012 may choose either the current NIQ program (and current NSD agreement) or the new “NIQ” program (and new NSD Agreement). Candidates wishing to sign the current NSD Agreement must enter NIQ no later than January 1, 2010 (and debut by May 1, 2012).
New National Sales Director Recognition Programs
Along with new requirements, we have also created a new program to better reward new Independent Nati9onal Sales Directors as they build and strengthen their National Areas. This program begins August 1, 2011.
- The Legacy Leaders recognition program awards a new Independent National Sales Director for each of her new first-line offspring Independent Sales Director debuts, up to five, in her first two years after her debut as an NSD.
- Legacy Leaders will be awarded one ring for each of her debuting first-line offspring (up to the fifth during her first two years as a NSD) from a fine jewelry stacked ring collection designed exclusively for Mary Kay Independent National Sales Directors.
As an exciting kickoff to the new recognition program, every current National Sales Director will have the chance to earn the exclusive stackable rings during the Golden Legacy Leaders program, from August 1, 2011, through July 1, 2013. National Sales Directors will receive a ring for each first-line offspring Sales Director they debut. What a great way to build area strength and personal income in anticipation of our 50th anniversary year!