Emerald Director Debuts at Mary Kay Seminar 2011

Thanks to wazpink for providing us with this picture of Mary Kay sales director debuts at Emerald Seminar. I have included pictures for prior years too, so you can compare the numbers. If anyone gets their hands on similar pictures from other seminars, please send them our way!

21 Responses to Emerald Director Debuts at Mary Kay Seminar 2011

1. Julie July 22, 2011 at 10:32 am #

Well, they seem to have done better than last year…but they’re still going down!

• wazpink July 22, 2011 at 11:40 am #

Ah, take another look.
      The space between the staircases is shorter than previous years.

2. Unpinkedassistant July 22, 2011 at 11:56 am #

It looks like the stairs are closer together and/or the stage is smaller this year.

I never went to seminar so somebody who has please feel free to comment.

I love seeing in pictures the evidence of dwindling director numbers.

3. gettingoutasap July 22, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

I really do not like the new purple director suits.

4. No Pink Fan July 22, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

I heard that some former Diamond units were moved to Emerald last year in order to redistribute Seminar numbers more equitably. The influx of additional units would certainly help Emerald to appear to have more new Directors this year. In reality, it’s just smoke and mirrors.

5. raw joy July 22, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

It’s hard to tell from that angle whether they’ve manipulated the stage size. It does look like there’s more directors this year than last. Probably as a result of running those $50 showcase promotions. Too bad all that means is they’ve built their directorship on people who wanted a bargain, the majority of which will drop out of sight within three months of signing.

6. HopefullyHealing July 22, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

I agree, I think the stairs are closer together and/or the stage is smaller this year compared to last. Looking at all the pics, it’s amazing to see how much smaller each year gets. (Yeah!!)
    Wow, I’m going to have to dig up a pic from when I debuted on stage. It was several deep and the stage was HUGE. Of course that was back in 1996!lol
    I thank God each day for having come to my senses. Can you imagine getting ready to leave for HOT-Dallas right now? I love the article someone wrote about the ‘stench’ on the 3rd day of Seminar….having to wear your Drektor suit every day. BLECK Nasssty!!

7. onelessSD July 22, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

the stairs are closer together! Great observation unpinked! compare this years photo – at the very top of the landing… there is only 1 section of railing. In other photos, there are 2 sections of railing.

I suppose this is corps way of making it a more ‘cozy’ experience.

• Lazy Gardens July 23, 2011 at 4:26 am #

It’s the angle of the photo making the stairs look narrower. There is a shot of Ms IWant1200, looking up towards the stairs, and there are 2 sections of railing above her.

8. tigger July 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

I like the director suits better this year.

A wise older consultant once said the trouble begins when one goes for directorship. I agree.

Happy to see PT is getting seminar pics again.

9. pinkymcstinky July 22, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

I was thinking it looked quite a bit smaller myself. Good eye, ladies.

10. Mary Feuer July 22, 2011 at 6:33 pm #

despite the blurry pix, I counted approx 80 in this year’s pix as opposed to approx 55 last year. I am sure you are right about the effects of the $50 showcase promo being the contributing factor here.
    wish we had a pix of all the women that gave up their directorship this past year.

• notinmknomo July 22, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

That’s that’s about the count I came up with.

• MaryCrap July 26, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

Ditto, here. It’s about 20ish more than last year. Those $50 kits are the culprit, fo sho.

11. scarlett July 22, 2011 at 6:59 pm #

Looks about the same as last year; and, thankfully, MUCH less than 4 years ago!

12. pinkhooker July 25, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

my ex-recruiters mother is now a director, she is over on the stage left staircase.

13. Nichole July 26, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

If they don’t do another starter kit promo, next years’ pics will tell quite a bit, I think.

14. nutmeg July 28, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

I’m in the 2006 picture and it was MOBBED. Of the 7 woman I personally debuted with that I was friendly with, only 1 is still a director. What does that say?

15. nutmeg July 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

I can’t figure out if debuted is a word… anyone know what the past-tense of debut is?

16. Lazy Gardens July 28, 2011 at 10:46 pm #

It’s debuted, pronounced debuud.

(or at least that’s what Google dragged onto the screen

17. onelessSD July 29, 2011 at 12:25 am #

yeah, I counted about 80ish as well. I know the number is totally connected with the $50 kit. I personally know a director that added 80+ to her unit during the month of April – but when you look at her commission and her production for the month, that 80+ new unit members didn’t really make a big difference.

As far as the “debuted”… my husband always called it “debutt” (I should have clued in at the 1st mention of that!)