Get Over the Pink Truth

Written by TRACY on . Posted in Pink Truth Critics

A comment from a typical Kaybot. I am always amused at how many tired, old scripted phrases they can use in support of Mary Kay. How many can you count?

Seriously. You women who have felt this way maybe Mary Kay wasn’t for you. But you can’t speak for everyone. The products are awesome and they are backed up with guarentees…

And to those of you that dedicate your lives to the ‘pink truth’… you obviously have no life. Get over it. You may be telling the truth and hitting the facts, but for those of you that it didn’t work you either didn’t try hard enough or you didn’t listen to what had worked for other women in he past 40 something years.. its not for everyone!!! But don’t put others down because you didn’t make your goals… the products sell themselves. You don’t have to be a director to make money!!!!! But if you choose to that’s up to you.

• antique rose

Where to begin? So many choices.

Blame the Victim
    The Products Sell Themselves
    Those are for openers. And you can always tell
    a kaybot by their awkward style of writing, the
    misuse of language and kindergarten style spelling.

The funny thing is about all these types of rebuttals, is that they forget that some of us here either WROTE those scripts, or added to their various adaptations, and TAUGHT those scripts. I guess that never occurs to them. Amazing that they have legs that have carried them so far.

Mary Kay consultants…how do you figure that we can expose Mary Kay without having been on the “inside” to even KNOW this information? And how else do you get to be on the inside without accomplishing the career path? So where exactly would “you just didn’t make your goals” fit in?

Reaching our goals “the Mary Kay way” is exactly why we repented of it!

• elf

UGH. The reason I’m here is because someone close to me is on an absolute pink hamster wheel trying to make Mary Kay work to support her family of five. She has been hustling her butt off to make production and recruit. She is working and away from home significantly more than any other job would require and yet still it is a new month and a new scramble. If this works for you, great. Enjoy. For those considering it though, the reality is far different than the pretty pink bubble and needs to be given serious thought. THAT is why we are here.

• pinkfognephew

hey there elf, i can relate totally, i’m in exactly the same boat (for me it’s my aunt, whom i live with). “new month, new scramble” … you nailed it there. every single month, a new chase for that elusive commission cheque …

it really is like a hamster wheel.

• kaykay

That was hard to read.

• seeing the truth

If we don’t have a life for belonging to this website, what kind of life do you have for posting on our website?

This website is more than ranting about MK, I have friends who have prayed for me when I needed it, I have prayed for them. We ask other members for advice on topics from a -z. I encourage anyone or is lurking to read all you can and get on the discussion board and join us!!

• CaliforniaGal

Well, Gal friends, I was in Mary Kay for 12 Years & was a director as well. I was as senior Director told me, part of the top 2% of the company. I made money, recruited, and was a team player. But at what cost? ,Ethically, financially, morally I took hits. Like many SDs, I got into serious debt climbing to the next level. I did it the way I was taught, cutting corners to get my unit started. I worked 40 to 60 hours a week.

Where did my family time go? It went to helping my unit survive. My poor honey didn’t have much face time with me. In spite of my efforts, I never made that executive salary. I post here to heal & help others in their journey out of Mary Kay. That way what happened to me counts, somehow.

• onelessSD

Caligirl – what happened to you counts tremendously. As it does for all of us. We’ve been thru the MK ringer – and came out… wrung out… but we survived – and honestly are stronger than ever. We see things now that we were formerly blinded to… (inside and outside of MK)… and we realize that life is precious… time is precious… and we need to live fully in every moment that we are given here on earth because we aren’t guaranteed anything past this moment. When I was chasing that pink pipe dream… I didn’t live- I merely existed… always looking to what was down the road. When I quit directorship… I took a serious look at what my life had become… and it was so empty…. empty of true friends, honest work and most of all the true me. The last 6 years has been so liberating and enlightening … and so much fun. True fun. Cali-girl you’ve helped a lot of people heal here with your posts- me for one. Keep sharing the truth and yes- it all counts! :)

• costalot

As a Mary Kay Consultant, I LOVE Pink Truth.because it’s the only place where I can get the facts from those who have walked a mile in my moccasins.

I cannot get the straight facts and truth from any Mary Kay website, meeting, skin care class or from my director. All I get is a bunch of robotic affirmations and Mary Kayisms and cheap trinkets. It’s all make believe.

Selling the product is simply a hobby for me and not a job. I do not spend money on this gig, nor do I make money as it’s simply not realistic to believe you can. I take an order from a friend and I place that order on InTouch. That’s it.

I like honesty and folks who shoot straight and who can form a complete sentence without ALL THE CAPS. That is why I like Pink Truth.

• Scrib

And YOU’RE a consultant who has kept her head clear and her eyes open, all while looking at the business in a realistic manner the way a real business owner would.

THAT is why I like you and every last MK consultant like you. :)

• onelessSD

here here!

• piesalsuelo

yup and thats how is suppose to be. Of course you wont hear the complete thruth coming from your directors. Im a consultant too, and i am very thankful to Pink Truth.

• IowaGal82

“But don’t put others down because you didn’t make your goals… the products sell themselves.”

Literally? Like, they SELL themselves? The products do the WORK? I don’t have to do the grunt work of getting my name out, booking parties, warm chatting, pushing the catalog in people’s faces? Cool, I’ll ask my tube of lipstick to go drop some catalogs off at the hair salon. I got stuff to do today and that lipstick’s just been sitting around, being a bum. TIME TO WORK.

• Lea B

^^^^ hahah you crack me up, IowaGal…..and i totally agree with you. I love the way you put it though. :)

• Missy C

Not just the lipstick. You need to tell the eyeliner to stop being a lazy looser and work the business. It’s supposed to sell itself, you know :)

If the products really sell themselves, how come 62,199 of them are listed on eBay right now waiting for buyers?

• costalot

The only product that has sold itself is the Raisinberry lipstick. And I bought it for me because of the writer on Pink Truth.

• lavonne

The spelling errors made my head hurt.

• Ginger2

When I wentt to leadership in January and I was alone with various top directors that is when I learned the truth. Most of them only make quota every other month and have to put inventory on their credit cards to make it. If they have a car they are making a lease co-pay and/or paying for their insurance. They only person that made any money was the ESSD. now she had the six figure income but her exopenses were astonomical! Oh I guess she really wasn’t making money either.

• princess lea

Here is something to completely blow whatever credibility this IBC might appear to have:
    “past 40 something years.”
    Umm… Didn’t Mary Kay just have their 50th anniversary???

• Kinzie

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wake me up when one of them posts something original instead of the typical cut-and-paste nonsense.

• Deflated Pink Bubble

Just another moron doing a drive by. Can I pick this apart? I love picking these stupid kaybot posts apart!

Seriously. You women who have felt this way maybe Mary Kay wasn’t for you. Mary Kay isn’t for ANYONE.

But you can’t speak for everyone. We can speak for everyone that has figured this pyramid scheme out. Someone has to.

The products are awesome and they are backed up with guarentees… It would help if you could SPELL guarantee.

And to those of you that dedicate your lives to the ‘pink truth’… you obviously have no life. Get over it. Oh but we DO have lives and our lives do NOT consist of having to peddle make up and meeting quotas.

You may be telling the truth and hitting the facts, but for those of you that it didn’t work you either didn’t try hard enough or you didn’t listen to what had worked for other women in he past 40 something years.. Where to start with this mess…. YES, we ARE telling the truth and hitting the facts and you just proved it. YOU believe us. Your next part however, shows how naive you are about this site. We have former directors and even a NSD in Qualification on this site. We have many car drivers but not one of them will tell you that they made money. And if you’re going to come on here and TRY to defend Mary Kay, you might want to learn a bit about the company you are defending. Mary Kay just celebrated their 50th anniversary. Not 40 something, 50.

its not for everyone!!! No, it’s not for anyone that wants to make money. And are all those exclamation points necessary?

But don’t put others down because you didn’t make your goals… Oh we made our goals and we still lost money.

the products sell themselves. NO THEY DON’T.

You don’t have to be a director to make money!!!!! But if you choose to that’s up to you. Again, NO. Directors aren’t making money. The ONLY ones making money are the NSD’s and Corporate.

Now, get your act together and read on this site for a bit. Not for a few minutes or an hour even but for an extended period of time. Then you can come talk to us again. You’ll be a lot more educated after you do.

• Ginger2

I have to say I really wanted it to be true. So sad that I had to be a director to learn what was really going on. I stayed in longer then I should have because I so wanted it to be true and I kept thinking I would catch up. Just stopped in time I hope to not file bankruptcy.

Aw thanks Costalot! And I am doing a high five on OnelessSD’s response to Caligirl…that has been EXACTLY what the road was in and out of Mary Kay.

• onelessSD

Thanks Raisin… you’ve been a tremendous help to me over the last 7 years (I lurked for a year before joining)…. you were instrumental in my exiting of directorship – many many thanks to you! :)

• ran4fun