From Linda Toupin’s “director boot camp.” I’d venture a guess that almost every single director in Mary Kay fits into 7 or more of these items. And not because they’re lazy or don’t want it… but because Mary Kay is a pyramid scheme in which almost everyone will fail.
- Lack of confidence.
- Lack of integrity. Don’t kid yourself – your consultants know if you held a class last week.
- Lack of new recruits in your unit or lack of sharp recruits in your unit.
- Lack of excitement at your meeting.
- Low meeting attendance.
- Family members show frustration with your business.
- You are frustrated with your business and begin to doubt if you are director material.
- You find yourself only talking to the directors who are not working so that you have something in common. You both wonder should I really be doing this. Lots of doubt.
- Lack of belief that Mary Kay is the premier opportunity for women.
- You are broke!Yikes! I can assure you that this is not what Mary Kay intended for directorship to look like. You get to this list by no longer continuing to do what put you in the suit.
Remember you will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.
The great news! Your business is not terminal… it can be healed.