To find out if you’re hooked on Mary Kay Cosmetics, ask yourself these 20 questions.
1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to Mary Kay?
2. Has Mary Kay ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Did Mary Kay affect your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after Mary Kay?
5. Did you try Mary Kay to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Did Mary Kay cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After spending money on Mary Kay did you feel you must Mary Kay as soon as possible and recover your losses?
8. After a sale did you have a strong urge to Mary Kay and make more?
9. Did you participate in Mary Kay until your last dollar was gone?
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your Mary Kay?
11. Have you ever sold any personal possessions to finance Mary Kay?
12. Were you reluctant to use your “Mary Kay money” for normal household expenditures?
13. Did your Mary Kay activities make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
14. Did you ever spend more time on Mary Kay activities than you had planned?
15. Have you ever participated in Mary Kay activities to escape worry or trouble?
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to succeed at Mary Kay?
17. Did Mary Kay cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to Mary Kay?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by spending a few hours in Mary Kay activities?
20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your Mary Kay?
Most compulsive Mary Kayers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions, which were adapted from a Gambler’s Anonymous questionnaire that helps determine whether you’re a compulsive gambler.