This is another one of those writings that gets emailed ad nauseum from Mary Kay sales directors. News flash: The hundreds of Mary Kay sales directors who step down, quit, or are fired every month can vouch for the fact that directorship sucks.
It’s not really about leading or helping women. It’s about signing them up fast enough, and getting them to buy enough inventory, so that the sales director can “move up” and make more money.
Wanted: Enterprising woman to achieve unlimited earning potential while enriching the lives of others. Work duties include meeting new friends, interacting with prospective clients, as well supporting the community of women. Candidate will have the opportunity to make own hours, and will be compensated for their achievements with prizes and vacations.
Does this job sound appealing? Then you might have just what it takes to be one of the 1,500,000 million women already living the life as a consultant. As an Independent Beauty consultant you’ll have the freedom to make your own work hours and set time a side for your family. No experience required and you can work part-time or full-time from your own home. You will have great benefits of owning your own business.
- Directorship is not a position in Mary Kay. It is just a higher level of service. You are able to help that many more people. And you are rewarded in direct proportion to the amount of service you render.
- Directorship is not leadership with a push, but leadership by example.
- Directorship is believing first and seeing second. Belief is the golden thread that makes things work.
- Directorship is a level of purpose. There can be no defeat except defeat of purpose.
- Directorship makes the most of what you have.
- Directorship is persistence. In spite of obstacles, it keeps on moving.
- Directorship is believing in you before you believe in yourself.
- Directorship is doing for others not because you have to, but because you want to.
- Directorship is a lesson in unconditional love.
- Directorship realizes that all our limitations are self-imposed.
- Directorship knows the 10 most important 2-letter words in the English language: “IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.”
- Directorship is a goal setting life. It leaves nothing to chance.
- Directorship is a challenge, a job, and an opportunity to make dreams come true for yourself and others.
- Directorship, like success, does not wait for a person. YOU must go get it.
- Directorship does not pay a price for success it enjoys.
Pink Truth note: That “unlimited” earning potential is really limited after all. Either by your own conscience, your ability to coax recruits into purchasing products, or both.