Written by Raisinberry
Being a Mary Kay director is hard! When you’re in DIQ, they tell you to just push through and work your face off. THIS is the hard part, they say. It gets easier after this. Not true. Every month is DIQ all over again when you’re a Mary Kay sales director. You’re constantly trying to recruit and get initial inventory orders so you can make production. (Yes, most of the sales directors struggle to make the minimum monthly production on a consistent basis.)
I know you’ve thought about “stepping down” from directorship many times. The two main reasons women don’t quit: pride and blame. They have to much pride to look like a failure to their sister directors. Or they blame themselves (rather than this corrupt system) for not doing more, being more, and making more money.
It’s an ugly cycle. And Mary Kay has deliberately designed the system to make you keep running in circles and not giving up. But you’ve thought about it. And here are my top ten reasons you should leave directorship…
10. No longer having to attend the annual clap and cry session in Dallas, awarding women for their ability to use multiple credit cards.
9. Not having to present a false picture of your Mary Kay life on social media. No need to pretend you’re making tons of money. No need to say you’re so excited about the same old promotions. No more “challenges” that you need a few women to participate in.
8. To develop intelligent language skills to replace, “awesome! dream big! pink hugs!love and belief!, fake it till you make it!, you bring about what you think about! and restore normal, thoughtful communication.
7. To be able to take vacations without warm chatting the lifeguards, the servers, the staff at the hotel front desk, and anyone else you run into.
6. To return to month end civility and allow your family members to stop hiding in closets. No more frantic phone calls, emails, or text messages looking for orders from customers or team members.
5. To regain your status as a cherished friend instead of the person who is constantly posting about their MLM on social media.
4. To wear a normal amount of makeup and jewelry. No normal person wears multiple pieces of fake jewelry on a daily basis, and the amount of lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, and blush worn by the Mary Kay diehards is embarrassing.
3. You are getting too good at lying. (And you might not even know it!)
2. To stop the month end mental anxiety attacks from splitting unnecessary orders among three credit cards, figuring out commission at 9%, 13% and bonus against what this order will cost, saving the unit yet again with the debate to never do this again…
And the Number One reason to get out of Directorship…
1.To break the cult manipulation over your soul that has kept you circling the drain in a punctured pink life raft.