Every single year in Mary Kay, you will here the “new year, new you” concept promoted. What a great catch phrase! The idea is that you can do a makeover for yourself to kick off the new year. Or if you’re really excited about MK, you could even sign up as a consultant to start a new adventure.
I would suggest to year that “new year, new you” should REALLY be the opportunity to learn more about the TRUTH of Mary Kay. If you’re a consultant, this is the time to GET OUT. If you’re considering signing up, DON’T DO IT. Take some time and look around Pink Truth in support of your decision to turn your back on the scam of Mary Kay.
We’ve got tons of information for you. Much of it is stuff that your recruiter and Mary Kay Inc. wish you would never know. The people here at Pink Truth aren’t lazy or bitter, and we’re not lying about Mary Kay. We have no vested interest in whether you are a part of MK or not. We simply want to share the truth with you.
The goal of this site is education. We want potential Mary Kay consultants (and current and former consultants too!) to know about the “other side” of Mary Kay. It’s not all Pink Cadillacs! What women are told by their recruiter and your upline is only part of the story. Pink Truth is here to tell the rest of the story.
Mary Kay Cosmetics has spent over 55 years developing and perfecting a positive image. The general public believes that Mary Kay is a company that helps women. The reality, however, is that Mary Kay Inc. is a predator. It preys on women who need something (extra money, more friends, a career, a purpose, etc.) and exploits those needs. Women are deceived in the recruiting process, and the deception continues as the consultant is persuaded to purchase more inventory than she can ever sell, to recruit other women by not giving them all the facts, and to continue to invest hundreds or thousands of dollars knowing that she will almost certainly never earn that money back.
In addition to providing a place for Mary Kay consultants to share their experiences and opinions of Mary Kay, here you can find important information such as:
- Why more than 99% of people involved with multi-level marketing will lose money.
- Why so many people call Mary Kay and other multi-level marketing companies pyramid schemes.
- How Mary Kay consultants and directors use scripts to recruit team members. (Were you told about the “6 things we look for“? Did your recruiter have an answer for every possible objection you came up with?)
- Why you’re going to be encouraged to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on an inventory package, because you supposedly can’t sell from an empty wagon.
- The real reason inventory purchases are pushed so hard is because the sales director gets paid a commission when the consultant places a product order (and it doesn’t matter if that consultant ever sells that inventory).
- How you’re going to be encouraged to move up fast, and how you won’t be able to move up unless you’re willing to spend thousands of dollars of your own money purchasing more products.
- Why even if you move up fast, you are almost guaranteed to crash and burn.
- Why it’s nearly impossible to make a consistent income (no matter how small or large) just selling the overpriced products.
- The data that proves that almost no one is making money from actually selling Mary Kay products to customers.
- How little money most of the Pink Cadillac drivers (the ones who are the image of success in MK) make.
- How even at the top of the Mary Kay pyramid, not a whole lot of money is being made.
- More on the income of “top directors” in Mary Kay
Happy New Year! And congratulations on taking the time to learn more about the pink predator they call Mary Kay Cosmetics.