Here’s a script that one of our readers says Mary Kay nsd Allison LaMarr uses when pushing the big Mary Kay inventories. That’s right ladies! Beg, borrow or steal to get the money for inventory. It doesn’t matter how you do it… just do it because Allison’s commission check depends upon it.
The choice is up to you! In this business, your business, YOU are in charge! YOU make the decisions! I know you want ONLY THE BEST for YOURSELF! Often, in other employment situations woman complain of NOT being in charge – of NOT HAVING CONTROL OF THEIR PAYCHECK! At Mary Kay – YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DECIDE!
**Please remember: All of your product purchases (inventory) are guaranteed by the Company. If, for some catastrophic reason, you are unable to pursue your business, your inventory is secured.**
As a new consultant, I strongly recommend beginning your business by utilizing the PERFECT START PROGRAM. This program asks you to hold 5 skin care classes within your first 2 weeks of business. You may wish to consider the POWER START PROGRAM. I consider your first 2 weeks of business to be those weeks immediately after your receive your inventory. This program is explained further in Chapter One of your Consultant’s guide and gives you:
1. Base of experience
2. Sales and Bookings
At this point you may be asking… “Yes, I want to start at PROFIT LEVEL, but I don’t have that amount of cash. Where do I find that kind of money?
As professionals in the business world, we recommend using an outside source for funding. We recommend a CONSUMER LOAN to finance your inventory. The best place to find your funding is:
2. Bank or credit union
3. Consumer Loan
4. Loan against the cash value or insurance policy or CD
5. Supportive friend or relative
It is suggested that you begin your business with a credit card (Master Card or Visa), loan from a bank, personal lender or credit union. Interest paid is a business tax deduction at the end of that year. Your loan is to generate income and will be paid for by a portion of your profits and in no way should interfere with prior commitments. If you want to be o a BIG salary/profit making basis as soon as you come into the Company, then you should start your business with a Diamond Star Consultant Order-$3,000 Wholesale. This will give you plenty of everything to sell. Start in as a Star Consultant makes you a winner from the beginning and earns you additional income in prizes. You will wear your “Ladder of Success” pin with pride!
Remember, Mary Kay guarantees a 90% BUY BACK POLICY if you should decide this business is not for you. Isn’t that reassuring! With Mary Kay’s guarantee, you give yourself every advantage of running a successful business.
BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE!
At Mary Kay, as in any successfully run small business, we believe that adequate capital (money to invest) and inventory are vital to your growth and success. Experts will tell you that many small businesses fail because of inadequate capitalization to build and maintain a profit level inventory.
Profit Level Inventory means having enough product to:
1. Pay yourself a salary
2. Re-invest in your inventory
3. Cover your business expenses
4. Maintain an adequate variety of product on hand to service your clients
You have 4 options for beginning your business with Mary Kay:
1. Begin at Profit-Level-$3,000 or more
2. Begin with a wholesale order from $600-$2,400 smaller than the ration needed for profit and re-investment
3. Begin with a $200 wholesale order – enough for your own personal use only
4. Begin with NO PRODUCT
We believe that the strongest way to begin is a PROFIT LEVEL OR ABOVE. Even if you choose to be a PART-TIME consultant. I’m sure you will want to:
1. Make $MONEY$ immediately
2. Serve your clients immediately
3. Not have to hassle with orders
When you approach financial institutions, don’t be nervous or intimidated by the facility or anyone servicing you!
BANKS ARE IN BUSINESS TO SERVICE YOU!
That is how they make their money. Some points to remember when securing your loan:
1. Shop for a competitive interest rat.
2. Set up an easy pay-back schedule of 18-24 months. This keeps the payment low!
3. Don’t accept NO! Be solution conscious. You can always get a loan if you have 1 of 3 things
* Credit rating
4. Don’t allow a loan rep to “counsel you” in a negative manner! The decision by the bank to fund you should be based on your ability to pay back the loan-Not what, where, when, or why you are using the money. A bank does not stop a house or car loan if they do not like the Real Estate agent or dealership you are purchasing from.
5. Be a professional when approaching the financial institution.
I believe in the value of inventory because I am and you are a professional businesswoman who works in an immediate society that demands service and products NOW! People no longer choose to wait 2 weeks to receive something they value. Also, I choose to protect my time and profit margin by completing my services in a timely manner. I know you will choose to do that also!
At Mary Kay, we believe in your entrepreneurial spirit and your abilities to succeed as a businesswoman!
I BELIEVE IN YOU