This little ditty comes from a site called “Tools You Can Use.” Basically, it is just another site that sells junk to Mary Kay consultants who don’t need it and can’t afford it.
So what is “smart ordering” in Mary Kay? Well if you’ve been around Pink Truth for a while, you know that the only “smart” order is a BIG order… in the eyes of your sales director anyway. Order early, order often, and order big.
But here’s the rhetoric anyway:
Are you ordering SMART? When you submit a product order do you think about getting the most for your money? Do you plan to receive the monthly bonus with each order placed? Do you keep a close eye on your inventory to be sure you can provide the best customer service possible? Or do you wait until you need products? (Customers have already ordered an item you don’t have.) Are you constantly “borrowing” or “exchanging” product with your sister consultants? Do you track your Star Consultant status?
YOU are SMART businesswomen! Your commitment to integrity and excellence compels you to bring that excellence into each facet of your business!
Here are a few business “tips” I’d like you to keep in mind when ordering your Mary Kay products:
- Did you know that for every order shipped from a Mary Kay Distribution Center you pay $8.35 shipping regardless of the size of the order? Therefore I encourage you to place one order per month. (Thankfully Mary Kay has instituted the Earned Discount Privilege for those cosmetic 911 situations. Remember though that regularly taking advantage of it will end up costing you $$$$.)
- Did you know that the distribution centers have the fastest “turn around time” between the 12th and the 21st of each month? In honor of Mary Kay’s favorite number, why not make a point of ordering on the 13th each month?
- Did you know that Mary Kay Beauty Consultants often wait until the end of the month to order? (Partly a function of being procrastinating human beings and partly as a result of Company, Area and Unit monthly qualification deadlines.) Understandably, this puts a great deal of pressure on the distribution centers at the end of every month.
- Did you know that all the orders from the previous month must be processed before the distribution centers will even look at your order placed during the first few days of the month? Therefore it is always better to place your order before month-end rather than to wait until next month.”
- Did you know that Mary Kay asks us not to trade or borrow products from sister consultants? You can never be sure that she stores her products properly insuring the quality of that product! You can be 100% sure that your products have been handled safely from Mary Kay’s hands to your customer’s hands. Your business reputation is on the line when you sell another consultant’s product to one of your customers!
- Did you know that with a $400+ wholesale order you qualify for a product bonus usually valued at about $30? That means if you place one $400 wholesale order you will actually earn $21.65 just for placing your order? ($30 product bonus minus $8.35 shipping)
- Did you know that with a $600 wholesale order you qualify for 2 product bonuses plus one set of Color 101 Cards? That means when you place a $600 wholesale order you will earn $54.90? If you place a $600 order each month (Sapphire Star Consultant), you will actually put $658.88 IN YOUR POCKET by the end of the year???? Would an extra $658.88 help with your business expenses next year? (See the attachment for monthly bonus schedule.)
- Did you know that if you achieve Queens Court of Sales you will have earned $1,339.80 in product bonuses? That is if you place one $1,500 wholesale order each month! ($1,440 product bonuses minus $100.20 shipping)
- Did you know that if you achieved Queens Court of Sales by placing three $500 orders each month you would only earn $59.40 (versus $1,339.80) after subtracting the shipping?
- Did you know that your product bonuses count toward your retail total at the end of the year?
- Did you know that your product bonuses count toward your Unit’s and Area’s retail at the end of the year?
During our New Consultant Orientation, I always ask our new team members to view me as their BUSINESS coach. Based on my experience, knowledge, skills, and education, I will ALWAYS tell you what is best for your BUSINESS. I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t!
Obviously the ultimate decision is yours. Whatever you decide is fine with me! You know your situation better than I do! (Sound familiar?) It is my heart’s desire for you to love your business and your life! I can only help with the business part. We LOVE our businesses and we are sharp businesswomen committed to integrity and excellence! Regardless of why you began your business or why you maintain it, surely you want to make SMART business decisions!
I love that lie that the Mary Kay sales director will “always” tell you what is best for your business. Not in this lifetime, baby!