Early Implosion of Jamie Taylor’s Verge Area
[updated November 2022 to record 3 more directors lost – 1 first line and 2 second line]
Mary Kay Cosmetics is a never ending cycle of churning new recruits, big inventory packages, DIQs, and sales directors. It took Jamie Taylor many tries to get her Verge national area together. And the only way she did it was the way they all do it…. with consultants and directors ordering products they don’t need. Jamie even says it’s all trial and error.
Jamie finished her requirements March 31, 2021. This is what her national area looked like at that time. Names with stars are Cadillac drivers.
Jamie said that Gabby and Jennifer “carried this whole area.” Those two HAD to finish DIQ in order for Jamie to have enough first line directors to qualify to be an nsd.
But now, a year and a half later, how is the Verge area doing???? Our friend ParsonsGreen did a little research and found that 36% of Jamie’s directors at the time of the formation of her national area are no longer directors. 18 months later, and she’s lost more than 1/3 of her area!!!! She’s got 35 more years that she has to keep this sinking ship afloat!
Here’s what ParsonsGreen found about Jamie Taylor’s sales directors:
- Megan Wilkes Coleman had a Unit Goal for Seminar 2021 of $800,000 but fell short with $775,000. In 2022, her Unit Club was $450,000.
- Chelsea Adkins Chelsea had a Unit Goal for Seminar 2021 of $1,000,000 but fell short. She did achieve the Top Directors Trip with a Unit club of $650,002. She also missed her goal of a January 2022 NSD Debut. For 2022, she achieved a Unit Club of $300,000. She is currently not even meeting her minimum production to keep the Cadillac.
In 2022, the Verge area first line directors did the following unit clubs:
- Rachel Ryan $400k
- Taylor McKnight $500k
- Kayla Watts $600k
- Michelle Bailey $300k
- Gabby Blanton – no unit club
None of Jamie’s second line directors did a unit club.
Jamie has lost the following first line directors since her debut:
- Lacey Littleton
- Cora Bowler
- Jennifer Witt
- Gabby Blanton (as of November 2022)
And she’s lost the following second line directors:
- Carrier Zuberer
- Haley McGuire
- Taylor Newcomb (see here how MK changed her life… before she lost her directorship)
- Jessica Johnson
- Cheyenne Reading
- Robin Wilkes
- Marylei Applegate (as of November 2022)
- Maddie Towe (as of November 2022)
So to recap… Since her appointment to the position of nsd, Jamie has lost
3 4 first line and 6 8 second line directors. She only added 1 new first line (Sarah Burgette) and 1 new second line (Teanna Sowers)…. but Teanna quickly lost her directorship too.
Brooke Racer used to be in a Cadillac, but has been demoted and is now trying to finish Equinox production. Carrie Zuberer (former director) was in a Cadillac.
None of Jamie’s directors made Top Director Trip Status ($650k or above) for the 2022 seminar year.
Mary Kay by the numbers. Any way you slice it, this is a bad, bad opportunity. Just ask the 9 former Verge directors. Surely they can’t all be lazy losers who didn’t work the Mary Kay way?